- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1890, Aug Launched.
- 1890, Aug 25 Left for Marquette, MI on maiden trip.
- 1890, Oct 9 At Wolf & Davidson dry dock Milwaukee, WI after striking Racine Reef.
- 1892, Apr Struck bottom in St. Mary's River near Topsail Island causing leak.
- 1892, Oct 4 Collided with NORMAN in St. Mary's River; crushed 20' back from stem.
- 1898, Oct 27 Wrecked on North Point, Lake Huron.
- 1904 Rebuilt; lengthened to 364.5'; 2991 gross/2052 net tons; Cleveland.
- 1912, Jul 29 Wrecked Pt. Louise in St. Mary's River.
- 1917 U.S. Maritime Commission; went to Atlantic coast.
- 1918 Renamed NORTH PINES; 3599 gross/2157 net tons; registered New York, NY.
- 1924 Sold to Polish owners.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 02:47:51
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio