- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1881, Apr 21 Launched.
- 1881, May 16 Enrolled Marquette.
- 1881, May 10 First trip to Marquette towing schooners IRONTON & E.P. BEALS.
- 1887 May have been grounded on Grand Island during past winter.
- Towed various barges.
- 1890, May 15 Downbound towing schooner GRACE HOLLAND, broke crank pin on after-engine Lime Island, Lake Superior; towed to Cleveland for repairs; 1 fore & aft condensing engine; 21" & 44" x 36; from Globe Iron Works; scotch boiler 12'6" x 11'6"; 150#; Lake Erie Boiler Works, Buffalo; 1886.
- 1890, Aug 5 Name changed to Marquette.
- 1892 Enrolled Cleveland; owned Moore, Bartow et al.
- 1901, May 8 Cleveland; owned J.C. Gilchrist et al.
- 1902, Apr 24 Cleveland, owned Inland Star Transit Co., Mentor, OH.
- 1903, Apr 20 Cleveland; owned Gilchrist Transportation Co., Mentor, OH.
- 1903, Oct 15 Sprang leak & foundered.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 02:46:00
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio