- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1896, May 23 Launched.
- 1896 Built to carry lumber & grain through Welland Canal.
- 1898, Oct Stranded near Cascade Rapids, released with damaged hull.
- 1898-00 Chartered to Atlantic Coast Steamship Co. of New York.
- 1900-02 Back to lakes; Argo Steamship Co., registered New Fairport, OH.
- 1903 Owned Atlantic Coast Lumber Co., NY; registered New York City.
- 1903-21 Operated Atlantic Coast.
- 1921 Back to lakes; owned Prindiville & Co., Chicago.
- 1921, Nov 17 Stranded Salmon Point, Lake Ontario; bound Chicago to Montreal with corn.
- 1922 Salvaged by John E. Russell & purchased by International Waterways Navigation Co. (John Russell & Robert Campbell) of Montreal; C150811.
- 1927 Converted to self-unloading sandsucker Canadian Vickers, Montreal; 249.3 x 41.9 x 15.3; 1643 gross/963 net tons.
- 1929-34 Owned Essex Transit Co., Ford, ONT; used in sand trade until Great Depression.
- 1935 Owned Eugene Lefebvre Montreal.
- 1937 Owned Sterling Construction Co., Ltd (Essex Transist Co., Windsor, ONT; idle until 1941.
- 1941 Owned Tees Transit Co. (Capt. Thomas A. Tees), Hamilton & made self-unloading bulk freighter at Muir Brothers Dry Dock Co., Ltd, Pt. Dalhousie; carried coal & cement.
- 1945 Hull damaged & laid up for winter.
- 1946 Owned George M. Davidson, Bayswater Shipping Co.; renamed BAYANNA.
- 1958, Aug Grounded near Lachine, hull damaged.
- 1960 Received forward cabin, stack, & foremast from self-unloader COLLIER.
- 1962, Nov 9 Grounded Trenton, hull damaged.
- 1962, Dec 7 Stranded off Belleville, ONT, Bay of Quinte.
- 1963, Dec 10 Refloated; taken to Deseronto, scrapped by P.E. Larose Williamsburg, ONT.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- John O. Greenwood
- Great Lakes Register
- F.E. Hamilton
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian List of Shipping
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 13:06:31
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio