- Tonnage Old Style
- 600 83/95
History and Notes
- 1861 Enrolled Detroit, used in Buffalo to Chicago run.
- 1861, Aug 22 Maiden voyage Detroit to Chicago & back to Buffalo with 19,400 bushels wheat & 450 barrels flour.
- 1862, Aug 22 Enrolled Chicago, temporary document.
- 1863 Enrolled Chicago, IL.
- 1864 Readmeasured 201.6' x 31.7' x 12' 797 gross tons.
- 1866, Apr 13 Enrolled Chicago, owned E.W. Owens; 1' added to depth.
- 1866, Aug 21 Owned Albert G. Shonn, Racine, WI.
- 1867, Nov 8 Burned Buffalo, NY with cargo of flour & grain.
- 1868, Aug 29 Hull purchased by Ballentine & Crawford; rebuilt Clark's Dry Dock, Detroit MI, 915.19 tons. Returned to service May 10 1869.
- 1871 Owned Ballentine & Co., Detroit.
- 1875, May 7 Owned A.B. Moore, Bay City; James Ballentine, Chicago; Henry Ballentine, Saginaw; Edward F. Lawrence, Chicago.
- 1875 Owned Alexander B. Moore, West Bay City, MI; rebuilt as steam barge 201.6' x 317' x 12', 750.05 tons.
- 1878, Apr 20 Owned William T. Baker, Walter F. Cobb, Gordon G. Moore, Chicago, IL.
- 1879 Owned T. Baker, Chicago. Rebuilt 1876 & 1878 Chicago, IL.
- 1880, Mar 2 Owned Charles B. Curtis & John Lindsay, South Bay City, MI.
- 1880, May 1 Enrolled Port Huron.
- 1881 Went aground Colchester Reef, Lake Erie with cargo of coal; hung up on wrecked tug MAYFLOWER.
- 1881, May 12 Owned Port Huron; rebuilt, tonnage reduced 201.6' x 31.7' x 9', 750.05 gross tons.
- 1881, Nov Caught in storm, towing MANITOWOC, laden with coal. Both arches broken, smoke stack carried away, galley thrown into heap.
- 1882 Rebuilt as schooner barge; McGraw & Co., Bay City, MI; 186.8' x 32' x 12', 523.48 gross tons, 496.62 net tons.
- 1882, Apr 13 Owned C.B. Curtis, Bay City, MI.
- 1885, Aug Burned Saginaw.
- 1893, Apr Owned L.S. Boutell, Fred E. Boutell, & William H. Boutell, Bay City; schooner with three masts.
- 1893, Aug Laden with coal, crashed into Culver's dock, Duluth.
- 1896 Owned Fred E. & William H. Boutell, Bay City.
- 1897, Oct 7 Foundered.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Richard J. Wright, Bowling Green State University
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- F.E. Hamilton
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 13:05:35