- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- 675 or 673
- Tonnage Net
- Final Location
- Hog Island Reef, NE of St. James, Beaver Island
- Lake Michigan
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- broke from tow NAHANT & stranded in gale
- Final Notes
- Crew rescued by Beaver Island Life Saving Station; stripped by locals.
- Lorain coordinates: 31437.8/48061.8
History and Notes
- 1873, Oct Launched.
- 1875, Nov Ashore Poit Waugoshance, Lake Michigan.
- 1880's-90's Towed as barge.
- 1895, Sep 23 Wrecked; owned C. E. Benham, Cleveland, OH.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 02:02:18
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio