- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1885, Apr 25 Enrolled Cleveland, OH; built on speculation as harbor tug.
- 1886 Owned H.D. Cotrinberry & Robert Wallace, Cleveland.
- 1887 Owned Inman Tug Line, Duluth, MN; noted as excellent ice breaker; served Duluth Harbor as ice breaker for years.
- 1890 Won 10 mile race against tugs A.C. ADAMS & NELSON BOUTIN.
- 1895 Collided with tug JOE DUDLEY in Duluth harbor.
- 1898, Jun 3 Sunk by steamer ROBERT FULTON in Duluth Harbor; 3 lives lost; raised & repaired.
- 1899, Oct 8 Sunk by whaleback JAMES B. NEILSON; 1 life lost; raised & repaired.
- 1902 Struck at dock & sunk by steamer BRADFORD, Superior, WI; 1 life lost; raised & repaired.
- 1903 Reboilered; one 7'10" x 13'6" @ 150# steam, firebox boiler by M. Ryan Co., Duluth, MN.
- 1927 Owned Couture Brothers, Ontanogan, MI; fish tug.
- 1930 Owned Russel Couture, Ontanogan.
- 1936 Owned Frank Becker, Detroit.
- 1943 Owned H.W.A. Harms Towing Co., Huston, TX; converted to barge; readmeasured 59.72 gross/ 59.72 net tons.
- 1944 Same owner; rebuilt as diesel screw tug, 8 cylinder, 500hp Superior diesel engine; readmeasured 70.76 gross/ 33.21 net tons.
- 1947 Renamed ARTHUR B. HARMS.
- 1953 Owned Alamo Water Transportation Co., Huston.
- 1960 Renamed CATHY ANN.
- 1960 Same owner; rebuiilt; readmeasured 73.52 gross/ 50 net tons.
- 1975 Documents surrendered, Huston, "Vessel scrapped".
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Northeast Minnesota Historical Center
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canal Park Marine Museum, Duluth||
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 02:27:44
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio