- Sail Number Masts
- 88' 6"
- 7' 10"
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1847, June Launched
- 1849, April 25 Owned Conrad Reed, H.E. Mussey & Charles Beebe
- 1851, April 29 Owned Benjamin F. Flint, Black River, Ohio & Charles
- Becker, Elyria, Ohio
- 1852, July 26 Owned R. Campbell, Oberlin, Ohio
- 1853, October 25 Collided with schooner DAWN, Lake Erie; repaired
- 1854, June 12 Owned Henry M. Markle, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1855, April 12 Owned C.Davis, Milwaukee
- 1855, May 31 Ashore, Michigan City, Indiana, with lumber; stripped &
- 1855, September Refloated
- 1856, September 11 Owned Hugh Hughes, Racine, Wisconsin
- 1857, April 10 Ashore, Milwaukee
- 1857, December Ashore near Chicago, Illinois
- 1859, October 8 Owned W. Vaughen
- 1860, September Beached & damaged, Saint Clair River; large repairs
- 1862, April 10 Owned Hugh Hughes, Racine
- 1864, February 25 Owned Peter Dunne, Chicago, Illinois
- 1865, April 4 Readmeasured 105.9 gross tons
- 1865, October Wrecked Cooley's Pier, Lake Michigan
- 1876, June 30 Documents surrendered, "exempt"
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Gerry Metzler
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio