- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- Cost $75,000.
- 1898, Jun 13 Temporary enrollment Detroit.
- 1898, June 25 Permanent document issued Chicago; ran Chicago to Michigan City, IN via Calumet, IL; twice daily; exceeds 17 mph; 75 cent fare for round-trip.
- 1901 Chartered to operate Buffalo to Niagara.
- 1901-02 Rebuilt Grand Haven; 2nd deck enclosed, several overnight cabins added; 681 gross/478 net tons.
- 1902 Transferred to Lake Superior.
- 1902, May 4 Struck concrete pier Duluth Ship Canal damaging bow.
- 1903, Feb 13 Enrolled Chicago; owned A. Booth & Co., Chicago; operated by "United States & Dominion Transportation Co." (Booth Fisheries); ran Duluth to Pt. Arthur, fare $6.00.
- 1903, Dec 24 Enrolled Duluth, same owner.
- 1909, May 29 Owned Booth Fisheries Inc., Deleware; Enrolled Duluth.
- 1911, Jun 09 Lengthened Duluth, 182.6 x 31 x 11; 937 gross/593 net tons; 2 decks, 2 masts.
- 1915, Mar 16 Enrolled Duluth.
- 1927, Mar 22 Enrolled Duluth.
- 1928, Jun 27 Struck reef & sank.
- 1928, Sep 06 Documents surrendered.
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Certificate of Inspection
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 13:03:19
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio