- Engine Number Cylinders
- Tonnage Old Style
- 818 40/95
- 900 tons
History and Notes
- 1855, Oct 25 Owned American Transportation Co., Buffalo, NY.
- 1856, Oct Collided with brig JOHN G. DESHLER, Lake Michigan.
- 1860, Mar 27 Owned William Williams, Andrew J. Rich, & Henry Martin, Buffalo.
- 1860, Apr 23 Owned Franklin Lee, Silver Creek, NY.
- 1860, May 12 Owned Lee & Nicholas Gebhard.
- 1860, Sep Broke shaft near Milwaukee, WI, Lake Michigan.
- 1861, Apr 10 Owned Gebhard & Charles Ensign, Buffalo.
- 1861 Large repairs.
- 1863, Apr 24 Homeport Milwaukee, WI; one mast.
- 1864, Apr 9 Owned Western Transportation Co., Tonawanda, NY.
- 1865, Apr 29 Readmeasured 210.6 X 33.7 X 11.25; 1021.66 gross tons; 2 decks.
- 1866, May 12 Rebuilt 210.6 X 33.7 X 12.6; 1108.35 gross tons.
- 1868 Rebuilt.
- 1877, Sep New arches & bulworks; boilers replaced (from TONAWANDA, built 1856 - sank 1870).
- 1881, May 6 Owned John Green, Buffalo.
- 1881, Jun 1 Grounded near Erie, PA with coal; repaired.
- 1882, Mar 22 Owned Samuel L. Watson & Henry W. Watson, Buffalo.
- 1882, Jul 17 Owned Louisa Wex & Henry Watson, Buffalo; 858.53 net tons.
- 1883, Aug 14 Struck rock & beached near Ahnapee, WI, Lake Michigan with rye; badly damaged.
- 1884, Sep 13 Sank at Buffalo.
- 1885, Jun 26 Converted to barage; 659.61 gross / 627.13 net tons; one deck, 3 masts.
- 1886-93 Towed by St. Louis.
- 1892, Apr 15 Owned Niagara Falls Paper Co., NY.
- 1892, Oct Struck pier & smashed stern, Sault Ste. Marie, MI.
- c1895 Abandoned.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board o
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 01:34:26
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio