- Tonnage Gross
- 18000 bushels
History and Notes
- 1867, Apr 18 First launched.
- 1867, May 8 First enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1867, Jul 13 Owned Joseph Nicholson et al, Detroit, MI.
- 1869 Towed D.F. ROSE.
- 1869, Sep Sunk Bay City, MI., Lake Huron.
- 1871, Apr 6 Overhauled.
- 1872, Apr 1 Owned Erie & Western Transportation Co., Erie, PA.
- 1872, Oct 4 While towing LIBBIE NAU & WHITE SQUALL, two in tow collided in gale on Lake Huron; LIBBIE NAU sank off Fish Point, MI., Lake Huron.
- 1875 Owned Anchor Line, Erie, PA.
- 1881, Feb 12 Owned Thomas D. Allen, Detroit.
- 1881, Apr 8 Repaired.
- 1881, Aug-Oct Towed barges SASSACUS, KEEPSAKE, ARIZONA & SHIAWASEE in Cleveland & AuSable lumber trade.
- 1882 Owned Potts et al, Au Sable, MI.
- 1882, May 10 Stranded; total loss.
- 1882, Jun 30 Documents surrendered, Detroit; vessel lost.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio