- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 7200 gross tons
History and Notes
- 1921 Reconstructed by Pittsburg Steam Ship Co., Conneaut, OH.
- 1928 2 Babcock & Wilcox watertube boilers; 11'4 1/2" x 10'; 250#.
- 1945 Owned Buckeye Steamship Co., Cleveland, OH.
- 1953, Apr New sidetanks & tank tops.
- 1963 Laid up; later sold to Merritt & Chapman & Scott Co., Cleveland; used as breakwater.
- 1963, Oct 17 Owned Roen Steamship Co., Sturgeon Bay, WI.
- 1963-66 Raised & resunk several times.
- 1965, Nov 22 Owned Hudson Waterways Corp., New York City, NY; later traded to U.S. Maritime Commission, Washington, D.C.
- 1967 Owned Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Co.
- 1967, Apr Towed to Burns Harbor, IN; sank.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Bowling Green State University
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 01:15:00
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio