- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 12,000 bushels
History and Notes
- 1872, Jul 19 Launched South Bay, ONT.
- 1873 Described 176 ton barge.
- 1875 Repaired, re-rigged as 2 mast schooner.
- 1879 Owned Downey & Bros, Napanee, ONT.
- 1880, Apr 12 Went ashore during storm near Four Mile Point below Oswego; wrecked; raised & rebuilt. Owned Oswego until about 1884 J. C. McCarthy et. al., US157017.
- 1886 Owned Downer, Belleville, ONT; repaired.
- 1901 Owned N. Allen, Belleville, ONT.
- 1905 Owned A. W. Hepburn, Picton, ONT.
- Newspaper Clippings
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Beesons Marine Directory
- Beers, History of the Great Lakes, J.B. Mansfield
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio