- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1888, May 28 Enrolled Grand Haven, MI, ran Saugatuck-Chicago, IL, lumber and fruit trade.
- 1888 Mid summer Chartered, Thousand Island Transportation Co. for few weeks.
- 1889, Oct 11 Monor fire, dock in boiler, Saugatuck.
- 1889, Aug 21 Rebuilt; 2 decks; 299.69; 299.69 gross/253.3 net tons; ran Saugatuck and Douglas-Chicago, IL; new machinery.
- 1892. Apr Chartered, Northern Michigan Transportation Co.; 3-4 trips, Chicago-Mackinaw, MI.
- 1892, May 25 Bound Chicago-Saugatuck, sunk steamer KALAMAZOO, collision.
- 1892, Jun 7 Owned Wallace B. Griffin et al, Saugatuck, MI.
- 1892, Jul 9 Owned Cleveland and Oscoda Transportation Co., St. Clair, J. S. Thompson; Port Huron District; ran with DOUGLAS and MELBOURNE in Thompson Line Detroit-Alpena, MI and intermediate ports.
- 1892, Jul 17 Collision, steamer DIXIE, Buffalo, NY.
- 1894 New engine 14 + 28 x 20", 220hp @ 120rpm steeple compound engine.
- 1901, Mar 27 District changed to Port Sanilac, MI.
- 1903 Broke main crank landin, Port Hope; repaired Detroit.
- 1906, May Bound Rogers City-Detroit, ran on rocks Bell Buoy Reef 2 miles from Point aux Barques.
- 1906, Jul 3 Grounded, middle ground, St. Clair River.
- 1907, Apr 29 Stranded, wrecked, Lake Huron.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Gerry Metzler
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. P
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 01:05:58
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio