- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1898, Sep Launched; ran Frankfort, MI to Kewaunee, WI.
- 1922 Reconstructed Manitowoc Shipbuilding Co; twin triple expansion steam engines built 1918, General Ordnance Co; each 15 3/4, 26 1/8, 44 1/8 x 26"; 1400 IHP; 2 scotch boilers 13' x 11'6", 180# steam from Manitowoc Shipbuilding Co, 1922; coal fired; lengthened 49 feet-307' x 52' x 18'6" or 306.9 x 52.3 x 17.1; 2047 gross/936 net tons.
- c1962-65 Made carferry barge; 1917 gross/1895 net tons.
- 1962-72 Owned Bultema Dock & Dredge Co., Muskegon.
- 1965 Chartered Mackinac Transportation Co. to replace CHIEF WAWATAM at Straits of Mackinac, towed by tug MUSKEGON.
- 1967, Nov 16 Broke tow line & went ashore south of Frankfort, MI, released on 17th.
- 1968-70 Replaced CHIEF WAWATAM, Straits.
- 1972 Owned Bultema-Ingram; ran Detroit, MI-Windsor, ONT route with tug PRESCOTONT.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Technical File - Machinery: Boilers
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 12:58:25
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio