- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 3000 tons
History and Notes
- 1892, Jul 16 Launched; ran Buffalo to Duluth, MN with barge SAGAMORE.
- 1892, Sep Collision with steamer MINNEAPOLIS & schooner MASSASOIT at Detroit, MI.
- 1894, Jul 28 Sank schooner GLAD TIDINGS in collision Detroit River.
- 1899 Owned Huron Barge Co., Ashtabula, OH.
- 1906, Oct 28 Struck obstruction; broke wheel off at White Rock; released 5 days later.
- 1909, Aug Ashore Eagle River reef; released by FAVORITE.
- 1921 Renamed PROGRESS.
- 1930 Owned Nicholson Universal Steamship Co., Detroit; home port Fairport, OH; 2 induced draft scotch boilers; 13'9" x 11'6" @180# steam by American Ship Building Co., Cleveland, OH(1908).
- 1933 Abandoned.
- 1934 Scrapped.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 00:15:22
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio