- Engine Type
- Side Lever
- Tonnage Old Style
- 1400 passengers
History and Notes
- 1846, Oct 2 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; ran Buffalo to Milwaukee & Chicago.
- 1847, Jul Broke cylinder head Lake Michigan; towed by GENESSEE CHIEF to Manitou Island for repair.
- 1848, Apr New upper cabin.
- 1848, Jun 10 Grounded in fog North Point, Racine, WI.
- 1848, Jun 17 Released; repaired Buffalo, NY.
- 1848, Jul 31 Laid up Sarnia, ONT; owned D.N. Barney on chattle mortgage.
- 1849, Mar 22 Owned Aaron D. Patchin et al.
- 1849, Sep Overhauled; repaired.
- 1849, Nov Broke shaft off Port Washington.
- 1849, Nov 18 1 wheel disabled.
- 1850, Mar Receiving engine of MISSOURI; North River style arches.
- 1850, Sep 17 Wrecked Lake Michigan.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Gerry Metzler
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 00:11:15