- Tonnage Old Style
- 346 1786/3500
History and Notes
- Prefabricated Clyde River, Scotland; assembled Kingston.
- 1846, Nov 5 Launched; ran Kingston, ONT to Montreal, QUE.
- 1849, Jun 27 Grounded opposite Lancaster, ONT; live steam accidently scalded 44 passengers, killing 13.
- 1849, Aug 17 Admeasured Montreal; 1 deck; 184 1786/3500 tons; sloop rigged; registered Kingston.
- 1850 Ran Hamilton, Toronto & Montreal with COMET & NEW ERA.
- 1854 Ran Hamilton to Kingston with MAGNET, ARABIAN & later KINGSTON.
- 1859 Woodwork renewed; new boilers.
- 1861, Mar 12 Owned Douglas Prentiss, Clark Hamilton & Alex Campbell, Kingston.
- 1861, Jun 26 Owned Canada Inland Steam Navigation Co.
- 1863, Sep 17 Aground near Coteau du Lac, QUE.
- 1863, Nov 1 Sank Kingston Harbor with 100 tons cargo.
- 1868 Large repairs.
- 1875 Owned Richelieu & Ontario Navigation Co.
- 1877, May Readmeasured; 1033.85 gross/592.57 net tons.
- 1891 Rebuilt.
- 1898, Jun Renamed CASPIAN; C112142.
- 1898, Jul 7 Stranded Twin Islands opposite Thousand Island Park; subsequently repaired & modernized sorel; feathering wheels; 177.6 x 25 x 6.7'.
- 1899 Owned Lake Ontario & Bay of Quinte Steam Boat Co; ran Kingston to Thousand Islands.
- 1902 Reengined; 42 x 120" horizontal condensing engine by Pontbriand Works, Sorel.
- 1910 Ran Desoronto, Kingston & Charlotte, NY.
- 1913 Owned Richelieu & Ontario Navigation Co., Kingston; ran with NORTH KING & NORSEMAN.
- 1915, Feb Owned Canada Steamship Lines.
- 1921 Owned A.A. Larocque, Montreal; dismantled; feathering wheels to DUTCHESS OF YORK (1895).
- 1922 Scrapped.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Great Lakes Register
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- Canadian Registers
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Direct
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 00:10:32