- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 1,600 tons
History and Notes
- 1868 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; 2nd metal freighter built Lakes.
- 1873, Feb 1 Owned Erie & Western Transportation Co., Erie, PA.
- 1873, Jul 4 Struck rock at the head of Lake Erie & sank in 16' water; refloated Jul 19.
- 1875 Repaired; conpletely overhauled.
- 1884, Apr 6 Completely rebuilt; 2 steel boilers installed.
- 1891, Nov 30 Sank in Detroit River.
- 1892, Apr 7 Repairs at Springwells Dry Dock, Detroit; hull & machinery overhauled, bottom sheathed with 4" oak end to end.
- 1893, May 15 Grounded near Two Harbors, MN & stove a hole in her bow; repaired.
- 1893, Nov 7 Collision with propeller ALBANY & sank on Lake Huron.
- 1893, Dec 31 Enrollment surrendered Erie, PA.
- 1973 Wreck located by John Steele.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-25 00:07:30