- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 2,000 tons
History and Notes
- Intended for ore trade.
- 1886, Jul 29 Launched.
- 1886-87 Towed by R.J. HACKETT.
- 1888 Towed by barge WADENA; rebuilt as propeller; 2 decks, 1,399.4 gross/ 1,180 net tons; one 9 1/2 x 16' @ 120# steam, firebox boiler by Lake Erie Boiler Works, Buffalo, NY.
- 1888, May 29 Owned John Green, Buffalo.
- 1889 Towed by FAYETTE BROWN.
- 1889, Sep 26 Lost her fore & main sails in heavy weather.
- 1890 Towed by SPOKANE.
- 1890, Sep 26 Hard aground, Sault River near Sailor's Encampment; released by USRC ANDREW JOHNSON.
- 1891, Oct 10 Sunk by schooner G.W. ADAMS in Lake George, St. Mary's River; raised.
- 1892, Nov 21 Collided & sank schooner NELSON, Lake Erie.
- 1893, Sep 18 Struck Colchester reef, Detroit River.
- 1894, May 3 Renamed LEWISTON.
- 1894, Nov 1 Ashore near Charlotte, NY, Lake Ontario.
- 1897, Apr 24 Rebuilt & lenghtened, Chicago Ship Building Co., Chicago, IL; 1 deck, 2 masts; 273 x 38.1 x 18.5'; 1,808.34 gross/ 1,342.74 net tons.
- 1898 Released frrom grounding & rebuilt, Sault Ste. Marie, MI.
- 1900 One 12 x 13' @ 150# steam, scotch boiler, Lake Erie Boiler Works, Buffalo, NY.
- 1906, Aug 6 Steering gear broke & went on east bank of Amherstburg, ONT, Lake Erie; released.
- 1911, Apr 28 Owned E. Green & Francis Bacon, Buffalo.
- 1916, May 1 Owned Cleveland Transportation Co., Mentor, OH.
- 1923, Apr 12 Grounded in fog, Kelley's Island, Lake Erie.
- 1930, May 13 Owned Richard Baxter, Ecorse, MI.
- 1933 Dismantled, River Rouge, MI.
- 1933, May 18 Documents surrendered, Detroit, MI " vessel scrapped".
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Record
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- C. Patrick Labadie
- American Bureau o
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-24 23:46:12
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio