- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1875, May 8 Launched.
- 1878, Jul Ran Put-in-Bay, OH, Cleveland, OH & Buffalo, NY with ALASKA.
- Late 1870's Chartered Ashley & Mitchell's Peoples Line; mates ST. PAUL, NASHUA, MARINE CITY & KEWEENAW.
- 1881, Mar Ran Cleveland & Mackinac, MI.
- 1884, Jun 15 Ashore near White Rock, MI, Lake Huron; released.
- 1892, Sep Owned World's Fair Steamship Co., Chicago, IL.
- 1893 Owned J.E. Rebstock et al, Buffalo.
- 1895, Feb Owned Crystal Beach Steamboat & Ferry Co., Buffalo.
- 1898, Apr Rebuilt Davidson yard, Bay City, MI; open decks for excursion trade.
- 1899 Owned A. Hickman, Buffalo.
- 1900, Jul 18 Fire broke out in engine room; extinguished; small loss, Buffalo.
- 1900-01 Renamed CRYSTAL.
- 1903, Fall Struck by TACOMA, Buffalo, Lake Erie.
- 1904, Oct 8 Sunk at dock, Niagara River.
- 1906, Sep 12 Owned William F. Kasting.
- 1907, Jun 30 Abandoned & scrapped for age, Buffalo.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- Great Lakes Register
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-24 23:22:52
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio