- Propulsion Type
- 8' 6"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 221 85/95
History and Notes
- Ran Detroit-Sandusky-Lake Erie Islands.
- 1863, Mar 28 Owned Selah Dustin et al.
- 1864 Ran, also, to Sandwich & Malden, ONT.
- 1864, Sep 19 Captured near Cedar Point, OH, Lake Erie by Confederates posed as Canadian passengers with hopes to free prisoners on Johnson's Island & capture USS MICHIGAN; plot & vessel abandoned in Detroit River; towed back to Detroit.
- 1865 Readmeasured 184.71.
- 1866, Aug 23 Owned Henry Fuller, Chicago, IL; ran Chicago-St. Joseph, MI.
- 1869, Jun 25 Owned Charles D. Chapman et al, Chicago; repaired; 134.9 x 21.2 x 8.2.
- 1870, Jul 6 Owned John Klug, Chicago.
- 1870, Aug Broke engine; repaired.
- 1871 Abandoned, Chicago River & burned October 8 in Great Chicago Fire.
- 1874, Dec 31 Documents surrendered.
- 1877, Jun Remaine located, raised & tied up at Ogden's Canal.
- 1880, Aug Abandoned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Richard J. Wright, Bowling Green State University
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Gerry Metzler
- F.E. Hamilton
- Erik Heyl, E
- Unique ID
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-24 23:13:36
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio