- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1862, May 24 Launched Buffalo; ran Buffalo to Dunkirk & Lake Michigan ports on Union Steamboat Line; transporting manufactured goods up, meat, lumber, & grain back.
- 1863, May 4 Burned Toledo, OH; repaired.
- 1868 844.81 gross tons.
- 1871 New decks.
- 1871, Sep 26 Collision with schooner D.C. FORT at Buffalo.
- 1871, Nov Collision with steambarge St. Clair river.
- 1872 New arches.
- 1872, Jul Rescued disabled steamer CITY OF MONTREAL.
- 1873, May Ran Buffalo to Green Bay.
- 1873, Sep Collision at Buffalo; repaired.
- 1877 Owned C.C. Blodgett, Detroit; rebuilt as steambarge at Detroit for lumber trade; 531 gross/411 net tons.
- 1891, Oct 31 Wrecked Lake Erie.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Gerry Metzler
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowl
- Unique ID
- Huntington painting
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-24 23:12:01