- Tonnage Old Style
- 787 26/95
History and Notes
- 1862 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; Buffalo, Milwaukee, & Chicago run.
- 1863, Sep Owned Western Transportation Co., Tonawando, NY.
- 1865, May 1 Same owner; readmeasured; 1070 gross tons.
- 1882, Apr 13 Owned Charles McInnis, Buffalo.
- 1882, Dec 7 Burned at layup dock, Collingwood, ONT.
- 1883 Raised; repaired Collingwood; returned to service in June.
- 1883, Oct 30 Struck rock; sunk near Clayton, NY.
- 1884 Raised; repaired.
- 1884, Aug 23 Owned Lorenzo Dimick, Buffalo; 1070 gross/928 net tons.
- 1885, Jan Trapped in ice off Grand Haven, MI., Lake Michigan; drifted for 21 days; released.
- 1887, Apr 14 Owned John S. Maywell, St. Paul, MN; rebuilt; cabins removed; readmeasured; 887 gross/745 net tons; will carry lumber & coarse freight.
- 1887, Jun Loaded improperly & sunk Bayfield, WI.
- 1888, Sep 20 Owned James E. Davidson et al, Bay City, MI.
- 1892 Rebuilt as steambarge; 1 deck; 1 mast; readmeasured; 719 gross/569 net tons; to run in lumber trade.
- 1893, Aug 20 Caught fire; drifted ashore; broke into pieces.
- 1893, Oct 6 Documents surrendered.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Jack Messmer
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of De
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-24 22:27:11
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio