- Sail Number Masts
- 26' 6"
- 10' 3"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 260 16/95
History and Notes
- 1837, May 23 Owned Nathan Kingman, et al, Buffalo, NY.
- 1837, Nov 17 Owned R.H. Backus, et al, Cleveland, OH.
- 1838, Nov 10 Owned Mahlow Kingman, et al, Buffalo.
- 1839, Oct 18 Owned Francis H. Freman, et al, Buffalo; changed to a sidewheel steamer, 1 deck, 1 mast, to 8"3" X 26" X 11'5", 299 47/95 tons, low pressure beam engine.
- 1843, May 6 Owned Emanuel Reeder, et al, Buffalo.
- 1844, May 22 Aground, Mamma Judy Island, Detroit River.
- 1845, Aug 13 Owned W.F.P. Taylor, et al, Buffalo.
- 1846, Nov 20 Arrived at Copper Harbor after battling gales for 16 days; ran out of fuel & burned furniture, grain, portions of cabin to reach safety.
- 1848, Masy 25 Siezed by Canadian government for violation of British Revenue laws.
- 1848 Retired to west side of Whitefish Bay for use as a dock.
- 1847 Shown as enrolled, Michilimakinac, MI.
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Lytle List
- Julius Wolff
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Beers, History
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-24 22:59:28
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio