- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 616 10/95
- Final Location
- Near Deer Park, MI, Whitefish Bay.
- Lake Superior.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Bound Deer Park for Michigan City, IN, she stranded & broke up in gale; crew rescued by lifesaving service.
- 1889, May 2 Hull purchased by Dudley Johnston, Sault Ste. Marie.
History and Notes
- 1864, May 2 Enrolled Cleveland, OH; ran Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit & Lake Superior.
- 1865, May 29 Readmeasured 2 decks, 1 mast; 187.5 x 28.9 x 11'; 766.28 gross/ 603.72 net tons.
- 1869, May 7 Owned Union Steamboat Co., Buffalo.
- 1871 New arches & decks.
- 1871, Sep Holed on rocks, Sault River; grain laden.
- 1872 Repaired.
- 1877, May Ashore Traverse Island, Keweenaw Bay; released by tug WINSLOW; repaired Detroit.
- 1878 Ran on Lake Superior Transit Co.; repaired.
- 1878, Oct 26 Ashore in snowstorm Cockburn Island head, Lake Huron.
- 1882, Apr 17 Owned Alfred Cheesebrough & Mary K. Wilson, Detroit.
- 1882, May Rebuilt as steambarge; towed CYCLONE & ANNIE VOUGHT.
- 1882, Sep Towed VIRGINIUS & CANTON in Toledo & Milwaukee coal trade.
- 1883 Ran Cleveland to Ogdensburg, NY.
- 1884, Jul Sunk in collision with ALBERTA, St. Mary's River.
- 1887, Apr 18 1 deck; 191.4 x 29.4 x 11.2'; 482.21 gross/ 328.24 net tons; owned Charles H. Cook & W.C. Wilson, Montague, MI.
- 1887, Sep Sprung arches, Lake Superior; repaired Milwaukee.
- 1887, Nov 15 Wrecked Lake Superior.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Lytle List
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directo
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-24 22:58:16