- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1852 Enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1854, Oct Lost tow of tug UNDERWRITER & ashore near Black Rock Harbor.
- 1855, Aug 3 Sunk in collision mouth Chippewa River, coal laden.
- 1860 Owned G.J. Morton, Erie, PA.
- 1866 Owned Vem & Brothers, Detroit, MI; wrecked Port Burwell, ONT.
- 1868 134.96 gross tons.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Donald V. Baut
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio