- Engine Number Propellers
- 168' 7.5"
- 28' 2"
- 10' 9"
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- Ran Dunkirk to Buffalo, Cleveland, Toledo & Sandusky, Lake Erie
- 1853, June 7 Launched
- 1853, August 22 Owned Alanson Robinson, Buffalo, New York; operated by
- New York & Erie Railroad Company
- 1854, April 11 Owned Addison Hills, Dunkirk, New York
- 1856, May 24 Owned Stephen D. Caldwell, Dunkirk
- 1858, May Grounded VanBuren Reef, lighted off; repaired
- 1860, April 4 Owned New York & Erie Railroad Company, New York
- 1861, April Large repairs; new decks, arches, Philadelphia wheels
- 1862, March 27 Owned Erie Railway Steamboat Company, New York
- 1856 Readmeasured 624.06 gross tons
- 1867 Collided with schooner GRACE MURRAY
- 1867, November Wrecked
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-24 22:21:52
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio