- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1808 Built to help defend Lake Ontario from British.
- 1810 Ashore Oswego, NY; beached by ice in spring; released; repaired.
- 1812, Jun 5 Captured British schooner LORD NELSON beginning a distinguished record during War of 1812.
- 1818 Laid up Sacketts Harbor, NY.
- 1826, May 28 Owned Robert Hugunid, Sacketts Harbor; renamed ADJUTANT CLITZ.
- 1826, Aug 17 Enrolled Cape Vincent, NY.
- 1827, May 1 Owned Jesse Smith et al, Sacketts Harbor.
- 1831 Rebuilt; readmeasured; 90 x 25 x 10; 202.40 old style tons.
- 1834 Major repairs; used in lumber trade.
- 1841 Last enrolled.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio