- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 55,000 bushels or 1,600 tons
- Final Location
- 8-10 miles NE of Presque Isle, MI.
- Lake Huron.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Collided with schooner IRONTON.
- Final Notes
- Bound Duluth, MN to Ogdensburg, NY; both vessels sank; IRONTON in tow of steamer C.J. KERSHAW.
- 1894, Oct 1 Documents surrendered.
History and Notes
- 1875, Apr 16/17 Launched.
- 1875, Jul Stack lengthened.
- 1875, Sep Beached _ River.
- 1881 Towed consorts C.N. RYAN & J.T. JOHNSON.
- 1883 New boiler.
- 1884 Burned, Toledo, OH.
- 1889, Apr 1 Owned L.P. Mason et al, Saginaw, MI; towed consort ST. LAWRENCE.
- 1890, May 19 Collided with & sunk by steamer SIBERIA, Mud Lake, St. Mary's River; raised in August.
- 1891, Aug 7 Owned Charles W. Elphicke et al, Chicago, IL.
- 1893, Apr Machinery disabled & rudder lost in Lake Huron storm.
- 1894, Apr Converted for package freight & operated by Duluth & Ogdensburg Transit Co.
- 1894, Aug Aground, Squirrel Island, St. Mary's River.
- 1894, Sep 26 Sunk by collision.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Sway
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-24 21:29:03