- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 3,200 gross tons
History and Notes
- 1890, May Launched.
- 1890, Jun 7 Collided with schooner RHODES (in tow of FAYETTE) above Soo Locks, MI, Lake Superior.
- 1895, Jul Collided with NORTHERN KING, fog; sank in shoals, Sugar Island, St. Marys River.
- 1896 Two 12 1/3' x 11 1/2' scotch boilers built by Cleveland Ship building Co., OH.
- 1904 Measured 280 x 41.4 x 23.4; 2,296 gross/1,870 net tons.
- 1916 Renamed LANDO; C134519; 280 x 41 x 23; 2,292 gross/1,656 registered tons.
- 1919, Aug 1 Foundered Point AuSable, Lake Huron with coal; sold to Great Lakes Towing Co.; refloat September 1.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-23 03:20:56
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio