- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 284 63/95
History and Notes
- 1848 Enrolled Chicago, IL.
- 1848, Jul 18 Arrived Buffalo, NY from Michigan City, IN on first trip with grain.
- 1851, May 2 Collision with steamer EMPIRE, losing bowsprit & fore rigging.
- 1851, May 11 Sunk in collision with propeller LADY OF THE LAKE near Malden, ONT.
- 1860 Owned Holt & Co., Chicago, IL.
- 1861, May 11 Sunk by collision with schooner LADY FRANKLIN near Chicago, IL., Lake Michigan.
- 1861 Rebuilt; owned Eldridge & Balcom, Chicago.
- 1862 Owned John Owen et al, Detroit, MI.
- 1865 Readmeasured; 226.61 gross tons.
- 1868 Owned John Anderson.
- 1871, Apr Ashore 9 miles north of Two Rivers; lumber laden from Menominee.
- 1872 Wrecked Lake Erie; owned Francis McAvoy, Chicago, IL.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-23 00:49:22