- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1894, Aug 30 Aground in fog, Bar Point, Lake Erie; released.
- 1901-02 Rebuilt; 30 additional cabins, Belleville boilers replaced with ten 12'6" x 11'6" scotch boilers by Globe Iron Works.
- 1911, Jun 3 Burned, Buffalo, NY; sank from water used to fight fire.
- 1911, Jun 15 Raised; laid idle at Buffalo.
- 1917, Aug Owned Charles A. Finnegan.
- 1917, Oct 27 Cut in two in Buffalo Dry Dock Co.; then to East Coast for rebuilt to aid the war effort.
- 1917 Owned Theodore Hofeller.
- 1917 Owned Samuel J. Feldman.
- 1918 Owned Susquehanna Finance Co.
- 1918, Oct 15 Owned J.F. Darcy, Montreal, QUE.
- 1918, Nov 28 Bow section foundered off Orcott, NY, Lake Erie.
- 1919 Owned Davie Shipbuilding Co., Levis, QUE; new bow built; 7 boilers removed; new 23, 30, 54 x 40", 1,500hp triple expansion engine by W.B. Robb Engine Works, Amhurst, NSC.
- 1920, Jun 22 Renamed MAPLECOURT; C141766; 365.4 x 44.8 x 23.4'; 3,388 gross tons.
- 1921 Owned Canada Steam Ship Lines, Ltd.; went to East Coast salt water trade.
- 1922 Returned to Lakes; cut in two at Montreal Drydock Co., rejoined at Buffalo Dry Dock Co.
- 1923 Reentered Lake Service.
- 1929, Oct 20 Stranded in fog on Magnetic Reefs, Lake Huron; abandoned to underwriters.
- 1930 Refloated by salvor, Captain Tom Reid.
- 1930, Sep Owned John E. Russell, Sin-Mac Lines, Ltd., Montreal.
- 1930 Converted to lighter & salvage vessel.
- 1936, Jun 4 Owned Joseph Simard, Montreal.
- 1937, May 27 Owned United Towing & Salvage Co., Ltd.
- 1939, Sep Requistioned for salt water wartime trade, general cargo.
- 1940 Ran aground near Port Colbourne, ONT, Lake Erie; refloated; to drydock at Kingston, ONT; cut in two for the third time; rejoined at Sorel, QUE.
- 1940 Encountered heavy weather enroute to Halifax, NSC; deck cargo shifted, causing damage & engine developed problems; Unloaded cargo & went into dry dock at Boston, MA; repairs made & bilge keels added.
- 1941, Feb 6 Torpedoed in Irish Sea.
- 1941, Apr 25 Registry closed.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- G.P. Bugbee
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-23 02:47:14