- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 145 ft overall, cost $25,000; launched week of Oct 5, 1863.
- 1870 Merchant's Line, Montreal to Upper Lakes.
- 1875 Western Express Line, Montreal to Chicago.
- 1877 Readmeasured, 631/418 tons.
- 1880 Dismantled, made barge Owen Sound, ONT; renamed JOHN A. RYAN; machinery into new steamer MANITOULIN; barge owned Thomas M. Ryan, Buffalo, NY.
- No evidence ever registered in US as JOHN A. RYAN.
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 12:41:11