- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 1,300 tons 825,000' lumber
History and Notes
- 1872, Aug 30 Enrolled; grain ore and coal trade.
- 1881, May 19 Collision with coal shed at Milwaukee, WI to avoid smelling bottom.
- 1882, Oct 6 In tow of M. M. DRAKE, ore laden, went ashore North Fox Island in a heavy storm.
- 1883, Jul 14 Damaged in heavy squall off Hog Island, coal laden; towed by tug MOCKINGBIRD.
- 1885 Owned Shaw Brothers, Kenosha, WI.
- 1889 Owned Truman Moore et al, Lorain, OH; recaulked.
- 1895, Mar 29 Owned Niagara Falls Paper Co.
- 1897 Made a barge; owned Crosthwaite, Buffalo, NY; towed by ST. LOUIS.
- 1898 Towed by CORMORANT in Hines Fleet.
- 1905 Towed by TRUDE R. WIEHE.
- 1906 Owned Edward Hines Lumber Co., Chicago, IL; towed by L. EDWARD HINES.
- 1909 Towed by SIMON LANGELL.
- 1919 Carried 780,000' lumber.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- unsigned drawing
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-23 02:13:51
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio