- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 347 58/95
History and Notes
- 1853-54 Enrolled French Creek, NY.
- 1854 Enrolled Cape Vincent District.
- 1854, Dec 4 Ashore Stoney Point, Lake Ontario.
- 1854, Dec 15 Ashore Webster without cargo.
- 1855, Jan 30 Gotten off shore & taken to Genessee River for winter.
- 1857-58 Enrolled Milwaukee, WI.
- 1860-65 Enrolled Chicago, IL.
- 1860 Owned B.M. Norton & Co., Racine, WI.
- 1863 Owned W. Luddington, Chicago.
- 1864-65 Owned Barbara Brissach, Chicago.
- 1866 Owned W. Luddington, Chicago.
- 1868 Enrolled Chicago.
- 1868-69 Large repairs; 270 gross/257 net tons.
- 1871 Owned Richard Clark & Co., Chicago.
- 1872 Rebuilt as 3-mast schooner.
- 1873 Owned Chicago.
- 1875-76 Owned Charnley Bros. & Co., Chicago (owned Lumbermill at Sturgeon Bay).
- 1879 Owned Charnley Bros. & Co.
- 1886 Jul 6 Ashore near Cross Village, Lake Michigan with corn; released & taken to Manitowoc.
- 1889, Jun Collision with steamer D.W. POWERS, near Chicago.
- 1889, Oct 22 Ashore south of Waukegan, IL.
- 1893, Sep Ashore Point Aux Barques, Lake Michigan.
- 1899, Sep 8 Foundered.
- 1900 Owned Dunham Towing Co., Chicago; "Lost".
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriter
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 12:40:48
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio