Castor Fiber Americanus, Linn. American Beaver. (v. 1, no. 10, plate 46) / The viviparous quadrupeds of North America / by John James Audubon, F.R.S. &c. &c. and the Revd. John Bachman, D.D. &c. &c.
About this Item
- Item ID
- Image ID
- Image Title
- Castor Fiber Americanus, Linn. American Beaver. (v. 1, no. 10, plate 46)
- Work Title
- The viviparous quadrupeds of North America / by John James Audubon, F.R.S. &c. &c. and the Revd. John Bachman, D.D. &c. &c.
- Imperial folio edition: volume I published 1845; volume II, 1846; volume III, 1848. Each contains title page, leaf of contents, and fifty colored plates.; "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1845, by J.J. Audubon, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court for the Southern District of New-York.".; Illustrations are hand-colored stone lithographs drawn by J.J. Audubon and J.W. Audubon, with many backgrounds by V.G. Audubon; transfered to stone by W.E. Hitchcock and R. Trembly; lithographed and printed by J.T. Bowen.; Plates LXXXVI, XCL, XCIII-XCVIII, C, CII-CV, CVII-CVIII, CX-CXIX, CXXI-CL drawn by J.W. Audubon.; Originally issued in 30 parts of 5 plates each.; Error in foliation: plate CXXIX misnumbered CXXIV.
- Audubon, John James, 1785-1851, (illustrator, publisher)
- Bowen, John T. approximately 1801-1856? (lithographer, printer of plates.)
- Hitchcock, William E., approximately 1823-approximately 1880, (lithographer.)
- Trembley, Ralph, approximately 1817- (lithographer.)
- Date Notes
- Plate undated
- Item Dimensions
- 72 cm.
- William L. Clements Library
- Source Collection
- Image Size
- 8535 x 6619
- File Size
- 5 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Special Collections Research Center. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Castor Fiber Americanus, Linn. American Beaver. (v. 1, no. 10, plate 46); The viviparous quadrupeds of North America / by John James Audubon, F.R.S. &c. &c. and the Revd. John Bachman, D.D. &c. &c.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/s/sclaudubon/x-b6719889/29377_0049. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed: May 22, 2022.
- Brief citatation
University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. John James Audubon's Birds of America and Viviparous Quadrupeds. Accessed: May 22, 2022.