- A brief history of the ukulele.
- Thomas, Peter (Peter R.)
- Santa Cruz, Calif. : Peter & Donna Thomas
- Call Number
- N 7433.4 .T46 B75 2003
- Physical Description
-  p. : col. ill. ;
- 52 x 16 x 6 cm., in case 57 x 18 x 9 cm.
- Colophon and Further Description
- Sheet containing series statement and publication information sewn to double t.p. opening, covering 1999 t.p. information; colophon sewn to p. - covering 1999 colophon.
- Text consists of an illustrated time line of the ukulele, from 1879 to the 1990s.
- "This is Ukulele series book #23 ... Peter did the binding, he sawed a soprano ukulele in half, then rebuilt it to create the 'covers' for the book. The text was originally drawn by Donna as a miniature book ... in 1999. That original was reproduced using a four-color digital web press. The cover of the text is wrapped in tapa cloth. There are fifteen copies of this book"--Colophon.
- Removable accordion fold format volume held to ukulele binding structure by brass tabs.
- Housed in an old ukulele case.
- Art, Architecture & Engineering Library (AAEL)
2187 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Artists' Books. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
- Add to Portfolio