ADS, IHi. The property described contained a story and a half house, built in 1839 by the Reverend Charles Dresser, D.D., who was the first Episcopal clergyman in Springfield (rector, St. Paul's 1838-1855), who performed Lincoln's wedding ceremony on November 4, 1842. The house was later made into a full two-story dwelling. It is now owned by the State of Illinois and maintained as a memorial.
[ return to text ]