- Fragment of an “L” shaped brown woven wool fabric with a ribbed selvedge along one edge and a hem along the adjacent edge.
- Accession Number
- view the related artifact record
- Fabric Structure Simple
- Weft predominant plain weave.
- A weft-wise edge was folded and sewn with overcast stitches, 0.3 cm to 0.4 cm long, that encircle the inner fold.
- Dirty, with a small piece of plant material adhered to the surface. Very worn. There are several small interior holes and large edge tears. The hem is torn in several places. Part of the selvedge is missing. Some wefts are damaged or missing and leave exposed warps.
- Border Type
- Selvedge Details
- Weft makes extra passes around selvedge warps.
- Selvedge Width
- Photo Side 1
- Selvedge Type
- Ribbed 3(4,4,4)
Yarn Number 12858.WA.01 12858.WE.01 12858.YN.01 Color Dyes Identified light medium brown (USZO) light medium brown (USZO) light medium brown (USZO) Count 15 32 Fiber Content wool wool wool Function warp weft sewing Spin Direction s z s Twist Level high varies, med - low med Yarn Structure single single single, used doubled