- Small fragment of brown/gold woven wool fabric with a 1.2 cm blue/black weft band near one edge. There is a gap with no weft and then a few damaged brown/gold weft yarns, so original width is unknown. There is one stitch in the blue/black band.
- Accession Number
- view the related artifact record
- Fabric Structure Simple
- Varies, weft predominant to almost balanced plain weave.
- There is one yellow stitch, 0.4 cm long, in the blue/black band.
- Somewhat dirty. Very worn, with one small interior hole and several larger edge tears. One very small piece, near the blue/black weft band is attached by only three warps. There is some edge fraying.
- Border Type
- Photo Side 1
- Selvedge Type
Yarn Number 12783.WA.01 12783.WE.01 12783.WE.02 12783.YN.01 Color Dyes Identified light brown/gold (463) light brown/gold (463) blue/black (433) off white/lightly yellowed (465) Count 13 24 too few for accurate count Fiber Content wool wool wool wool Function warp weft weft sewing Spin Direction s s s s Twist Level high low low med Yarn Structure single single single single, used doubled