- Object Identifier
- University of Michigan Excavations
- Kelsey Permanent Artifact Collections
- Object Type
- Verbatim Date
- 40/1-45 AD
- Verbatim Provenance
- Verbatim Site
- Coin Obverse Description
- King's bust left., diademed; hair in 4 formal rows; short beard. On one coin a star appears on the tunic. Border of dots.
- Coin Reverse Description
- King seated right. on throne w/ a back, receiving a palm frond from Tyche standing left. Head of Tyche appears to be bare; a cornucopiae is held in left. arm.
- Publication Title
- Coins from Seleucia on the Tigris
- Publication Author
- McDowell, Robert H.
- Publication Year
- Type Category
166263 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be protected by copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Kelsey Museum of Archeology. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
- Add to Portfolio