Rome / Interno dell'Anfiteatro Flavio o Colosseo / Paper
About this Item
- Object Identifier
- Object Name
- Interno dell'Anfiteatro Flavio o Colosseo
- Multiple donors
- Kelsey Permanent Artifact Collections
- Object Type
- Photographs and prints
- Artifact Reverse Inscription
- "R10 3928
- Colosseum, interior view, 1885.
- On the difference between Roman and English ruins, see Hawthorne 'French and Italian Notebooks,' small ed. (Boston) pp. 54-55.
- On the Coliseum:
- Gibbon, History of Rome, last chapter.
- Madame de Stael, 'Corinne,' book iv chap. 4
- Byron 'Manfred,' first part of last scene
- " (sic), 'Childe Harold's Pilgrimages,' stanzas 128-145.
- Bowdens, 'Percy Bysshe Shelley,' vol II, pp. 245-246.
- Hawthorne, 'Marble Faun,' chap. 17
- Dickens, 'Pictures from Italy,' Peterson's (Philadelphia) edition, p. 430.
- Hare, 'Walks in Rome,' vol. 1.
- Gregorovius, 'Geschichte der stadt Rom.'
- Dyer, 'The City Rome.'
- Parker, 'Archaeology of Rome - The Flavian Ampitheatre.'
- F.W. Kelsey"
- Verbatim Provenance
- Verbatim Site
- Nearest Named Place
- Production Site
- Type Category
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be protected by copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Kelsey Museum of Archeology. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Rome; Interno dell'Anfiteatro Flavio o Colosseo; Paper". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/kelsey/x-1961.07.1071/1961_07_1071. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed March 26, 2023.