- Object Identifier
- Object Name
- Octagonal Base
- Kelsey, Francis W.
- Kelsey Permanent Artifact Collections
- Object Type
- Miscellaneous/unidentified objects
- Clay (unfired)
- 7.7(max. at base);7.1(min. at breaks)
- Full Artifact Description
- Octagonal base with velut decoration, including floral motifs and a winged creature. Bottom of base worked as two superimposed mouldings. Base mould-made from dark pink clay with bright orange-red slip which has turned buff in places.
- Marks: Broken all around the top.
- Verbatim Provenance
- Verbatim Site
- Type Category
166892 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be protected by copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Kelsey Museum of Archeology. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
- Add to Portfolio