|Authors :||Mick Smith, Jeffrey G. Barlow|
|Title:||Notices of Conferences and Events|
|Publication info:||Ann Arbor, MI: MPublishing, University of Michigan Library
This work is protected by copyright and may be linked to without seeking permission. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Notices of Conferences and Events
Mick Smith, Jeffrey G. Barlow
vol. 2, no. 1, April 1999
|Article Type:||Notice of Conference and Events|
Notices of Conferences and Events
(Please Note: This feature will be updated monthly and was last updated April 14, 1999)
- The 1999 Conference of the American Association for History and Computing
- Joining the Association for History and Computing.
- Prize for best book in History and Computing to be awarded by the AAHC.
Links to Related Conference Sites
- May 5-7, 1999: Information Resources for the 21st Century: Content, Access, and People. An NWACC / EDUCAUSE / CNI / CUPA Regional Conference. Portland, Oregon. Marriott Hotel, Downtown. Early registration ends April 28. Register online: <http://www.educause.edu/conference/regional/nwacc/1999/registration.html> The Northwest Academic Computing Consortium, EDUCAUSE, the Coalition for Networked Information, and the College and University Personnel Association have joined together to offer a regional conference in the Northwest aimed at exploring information resources for the 21st century.
- May, 1999: HTTP://www.osi.hu/ep/im99. East - West Collaboration in the Development of Interactive Media Products Lake Balaton, Hungary Date: 9-11 May 1999 Sponsored by: European Commission (DGXIII) and the Open Society Institute, Electronic Publishing Development Program. Funding Opportunities
- MAY, 1999: I http://www.yorku.ca/org/iassist/1999 joint conference of the International Association for Social Science Information Service and Technology (IASSIST) and the Canadian Association of Public Data Users (CAPDU). University of Toronto 17 - 21 May 1999
- June 30 - July 3, 1999: Computers in the History Classroom Conference (CHC) . The theme of this year's conference is "Beyond the Millennium: Teaching and Learning History in the Twenty-First Century," and it will be held at Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York, USA. Call for papers & proposals deadline is March 30th, 1999. Submissions can be made via a form on the conference web site, and submissions will be reviewed after April 1st; notification will be made by April 12th. http://www.skidmore.edu/chc99/index2.html
- June 19-24,1999: http://www.aace.org/conf/edmedia/sessions.htm E D - M E D I A 99 WORLD CONFERENCE ON EDUCATIONAL MULTIMEDIA, HYPERMEDIA & TELECOMMUNICATIONS. Seattle, Washington USA
- July 22-24, 1999: " Nonprofits and Technology." Philanthropy News Network. "A national conferences series that helps nonprofit leaders understand the critical role computers and the Internet can play for your organization."
- July, 1999: II CONGRESO INTERNACIONAL HISTORIA A DEBATE L'histoire en dibat. History under Debate. 14-18 xullo/julio 1999 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- August, 1999: Annual Conference of the International Association for History and Computing The Netherlands.
- September, 1999: Annual Conference of the Association for History and Computing (UK) London.
- September, 1999: Digital Resources in the Humanities 1999. King's College London, 12-15 September 1999
- October, 1999: W e b N e t 99 World Conference of the WWW and Internet Oct. 25-30, 1999 Honolulu, Hawaii
- October, 1999: EDUCAUSE '99 "Celebrating New Beginnings" Long Beach, California.
Calls for Papers
- Third European Social Science History Conference Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 12-15 April 2000
The JAHC wishes to present news and notices related to history and computing. If you wish to submit information for posting, please contact Mick Smith (Editor, Notices), firstname.lastname@example.org