- Pamphlet Text
- いま 私たちは敗戦とゆう最も苦しい目にあいました。私たちの家は焼かれ、たくさんの同胞が死んでいきました。その結果として、授けられた尊いものであります。こんどこそ、どんなことがあっても私たち日本国民の力で絶対におかされないように まもっていかなければなりません。
- English Translation
- We Japanese have just now undergone the most painful of hardships, that of being defeated in war. Our houses were burned down, and many of our fellow countrymen have died. As a result, we have been granted something precious. This time for certain, no matter what happens, we the citizens of Japan with all our might must protect it and defend it against violation.
- Image Descriptive Text
- A woman with 憲法 (Kenpō) [Constitution] written on her clothing holds a baby labeled 基本的人権 (Kihonteki jinken) [basic human rights]. The mother and child resemble medieval Christian representations of the Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus in their dress, facial features, and halos around their heads. This symbolizes the constitution protecting basic human rights for Japanese citizens.
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Kondō, Hidezō, 近藤日出造
- Added Entry - Corporate Name
- 03 日本幻燈株式会社.
- 03 Nihon Gentō Kabushiki Kaisha.
- [Japan : s.n., 1947?]
- 16 slides : col. ; 4.1 x 5.4 cm. in box 5 x 7 x 6.7 cm.
- 01 "制作日本幻燈株式会社"--box.
- 01 "seisaku Nihon Gentō Kabushiki Kaisha" -- box
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Constitutional law Japan Slides.
17 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be restricted by copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Asia Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
- Add to Portfolio
- 3849 x 2943
- Alfred Hussey Collection: Japan's Constitution Slides