- Pamphlet Text
- ○ 拷問されたり むごたらしい刑罰を受けることはない。
- ○ 誰でも好きな学問をすることが出来る。
- ○ 自分の財産は 不当にとられることはない。
- ○ 男女はすべて同権である。
- English Translation
- The basic human rights stipulated within this constitution are as follows:
- ○ The infliction of torture and cruel punishments are absolutely forbidden.
- ○ Every person shall have the freedom to choose his or her own occupation.
- ○ No one will have their assets unfairly seized.
- ○ Men and women have equal rights.
- Image Descriptive Text
- There is a birdcage, and an arm labeled with 新憲法 (Shin kenpō), meaning "new constitution" reaches in to open it, releasing four birds. The pink bird has a cross around its neck, the blue bird has a book under its wing and a container of ink, the red bird has a bag labeled 財 (Zai) which means "fortune". The green bird has a broken chain around its neck. These birds being freed symbolize the Constitution giving human rights.
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Kondō, Hidezō, 近藤日出造
- Added Entry - Corporate Name
- 03 日本幻燈株式会社.
- 03 Nihon Gentō Kabushiki Kaisha.
- [Japan : s.n., 1947?]
- 16 slides : col. ; 4.1 x 5.4 cm. in box 5 x 7 x 6.7 cm.
- 01 "制作日本幻燈株式会社"--box.
- 01 "seisaku Nihon Gentō Kabushiki Kaisha" -- box
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Constitutional law Japan Slides.
17 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be restricted by copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Asia Library. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
- Add to Portfolio
- 3849 x 2943
- Alfred Hussey Collection: Japan's Constitution Slides