- Tholos (”beehive”) tomb (called the “Treasury of Atreus”)
- View Description
- : [top] plan; [bottom] section
- Original Caption
- Greek Architecture. Earliest Period.
- Treasury at Mycenae.
- Mycenae, Argolis, Greece
- Style Period
- Greek, Helladic/Mycenaean
- Mycenae (Extinct city)--Treasury of Atreus
- ca. 1300 B.C.E.
- 8.25 x 7.4 cm.
- Architecture, Sculpture, and the Industrial Arts Among the Nations of Antiquity / a series of illustrations arranged chronologically, and forming an atlas, to be used in connection with any work on the history of art. Authorized American edition, published under the supervision of S. R. Koehler. Boston: L. Prang and Company, 1879. Series I.
- Page Plate Figure
- Plate 7, figure 3
- File ID
- Catalog Info Source
- Allan T. Kohl
351 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to this work for educational and research purposes. Allan T. Kohl, the creator of this collection, has dedicated any copyright he might hold in the collection to the public domain, via the CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication. If you decide to use this work, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Digital Content and Collections. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.