- Species Header
- Isotype of Fissidens manateensis Grout ex Holz.
- Bryol. 29:63. 1926.
- Accepted Name
- Fissidens manateensis Grout ex Holz., determined by R.A. Pursell 1986
- Collector and Date
- A.J. Grout s.n. 09 Mar 1926
- USA, Florida, Manatee: Near the road from Omeco to Arcadia
- Attached to a log in creek Very similar to F. juleanus (Savi) Sch., and difficult to distinguish when sterile. Leaves averaging narrower and usually shorter except the perichaetial leaves. Archegonia and capsules borne at the end of a main branch: seta 1-3 mm long; peristome fully developed, deeply cleft, the equal divisions long, slender, and obliquely striate.
1861 images/descriptions are openly available.
- Add to Portfolio
- 6763 x 9824
- University of Michigan Herbarium Bryophyte Type Collection