- Species Header
- Isotype of Brachythecium fontanum Fife
- New Zealand J. Bot. 28:125-30. 1990.
- Accepted Name
- Brachythecium fontanum Fife
- Collector and Date
- A.J. Fife 9251 20 Apr 1989
- New Zealand, Canterbury: Valley of Broad Stream, above Cora Lynn Station 900 m
- Waterlogged organic muck within partially shaded spring on slope immediately above open stream bed; margin of seral Nothofagus solandri forest; subalpine; greywacke bedrock The most luxuriant & fruiting material is relatively little branched and grew in the wettest (i.e. emergent) and most shaded portion of the seep, where the muck was greater than 10 cm deep. The more branched (sterile) material is from a more illuminated portion of the seep, where the Brachythecium grew on relatively thin waterlogged muck over greywacke fragments.
1861 images/descriptions are openly available.
- Add to Portfolio
- 6793 x 9779
- University of Michigan Herbarium Bryophyte Type Collection