Votive Vessel with Chicomecoatl (left) Xilonen (right) Deity Images / Chicomecoatl votive vessel, detail of face and hands / Late Postclassic; Creation date: ca. 1500
Access to this resource is restricted.
About this Item
- Culture: Aztec
- Discovery location: Tlahuac, Mexico City (Distrito Federal, Mexico)
- Repository: Museo Nacional de Antropología (Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico)
- clay, paint, firing (heating) , painting (coating)
- 106x74x51 cm (41.73x29.13x20.08 inches)
- Pottery (object genre)
- Votive images
- Aztec pottery
- Aztec gods
- Chicomecoatl (Aztec deity)
- Xilonen (Aztec deity)
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Digital filename
- Classification Filing Number
- 483J;6AZ;64VVM 2c;*.r-digitalonly
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 05:03:00
- History of Art, VRC Image Bank
- Image Size
- 1768 x 2188
- File Size
- 515 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
History of Art Department, Visual Resource Collections. Image 984408. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. URL: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/h/hart/x-984408/05d113152. January 27, 2023.